Saturday, September 20, 2014

A Look Back at the Rule 5 Draft

Texas Tech Red Raiders

Peter was selected by Texas Tech with the number one pick of the Rule 5 draft from Oakland. When asked about leaving Peter off their 40 man roster, the Oakland GM said, "We sent in the paperwork to add Peter Feng to our 40 man roster. We didn't want to lose someone of his caliber. Somehow the league says they didn't get the paperwork in time to process our request." 

Peter has done an excellent job mainly roaming CF in Texas Tech while sometimes filling in at 2B. He is batting .287 on the year with 18 HR and an OPS of .833 while playing 110 games. Peter has held his own in CF with 8 plus plays and only 2 errors on the season.  Of his 110 games played, he has started 97 of them in CF. 

"When I received the call from the GM of Texas Tech, mongoose, I was as happy as can be.", said Peter. He continued, "I knew I had finally made it! I had been waiting for my opportunity to show that I belonged in the big leagues. Oakland was a nice organization, but I am happy to be playing in Texas Tech. I hope to bring a championship to Texas."

No comments: